Friday, April 01, 2011

Home, finally

Managed to get most of my things done in the morning by 9am.
But had to wait for more than an hour for the radiology department to print my OPG.
So I left after waiting for an hour, trying not to get pissed because I reminded myself I had all the time in the world (except that I was trying to get to the bus station by noon time).

Anyways, I realized I am not as irritated as I was 2 months ago while waiting for the staff to get things done.
Not that they are becoming more efficient.. I think it's because I don't have to rush to ward rounds or study (but I am more deprived of sleep this time).

I think I need to remind myself of not losing my patience and temper once I start working..
Anyways, I had a pleasant surprise of meeting my surgical senior registrar when I return to the radiology department later!
Had a short chat with her which made me more certain of the decisions I am about to make.

The journey back home was longer than usual. It took me 6.5 hours to reach Penang but I did get some rest.
The long journeys that I took throughout the years had always been the times when I reflected upon my life.

5 years ago, I packed my stuff and left the comforts of home in pursuit of a medical degree in KL.
It was not easy to adapt to the life away from home.
In retrospect, I think I had adjustment disorder (I only realized this AFTER psychiatry posting) and that's the time when I started to shop a lot (they say it's called retail therapy).

I left the campus this morning. I did not have time to sink it all in until I was in the bus because I was busy clearing my check list of things to do. And for the past few days I had been busy packing and meeting up with friends and juniors to celebrate and say my goodbyes.
So this is it. Nearly all of my close friends have graduated except me. I have to be a real adult now.(which is scary). And there will be no more monthly allowances from my parents. I will be responsible for my actions and my patients. ..

Thinking on the bright side, at least I have two months of holidays for me to prepare myself for adulthood.:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home