Friday, April 30, 2010

CTC 2002 Reunion

Instead of celebrating my brother's birthday, I went out for karaoke with HY coz he already made plans.

Jo texted me during karaoke. She casually mentioned that: We are meeting Sally, Shin Yee, Yee Thian and Huei Hoon later at Coffee Island.

I was so ecstatic!!!! It has been EIGHT FREAKING LONG YEARS since Combined Training Camp 2002 by 8th Georgetown South Troup!!

It was a pleasant surprise to be able to meet them and I really look forward to it. After I graduated from Form 5, we kinda drifted apart.. So there's this part of me which kind of afraid about feeling awkward during dinner. After all, I haven't seen them for 8 years. Of course, there's Jo so nothing to worry about.

While I was reading a Little Black Dress book at MPH at 6pm, Jo called. She said she couldn't make it! She wanted to cancel but I don't mind meeting up with the rest..
Luckily I made that suggestion! Or else, I would've missed out so much!

The 8pm dinner turned out to be 9pm coz Sally had a meeting. I was busy texting at the Gurney entrance while waiting for them to pick me up when the girls SCREAMED my name from the car.

I jumped into the car and that's when the clock was turned back to 2002. We need no warm up and we were talking so fast. Trying to catch up on each others' life. It was like 5 minutes drive from Gurney to Coffee Island but we didn't stop talking for that entire journey.
By the time we parked and get out of the car, we were laughing so hard and joking. It was as if the 8 years' time didn't exists. The age gap (I just noticed that I am only 1 year older than them but I have always felt that I am WAY older, they disagreed with that.) did not matter anymore. I was in Form 4 and they were in Form 2, now Sally and Shin Yee are working!

Sally said something that really made my heart soars: It was the best camp ever. No camp after CTC can ever compare to it. We felt that we were looked after during CTC. We were bullied in the subsequent camps that we attended.:)

We chatted non-stop, talking about everything. Studies, career, life, love, friends and future. I was filled with excitement to be able to share so much with these juniors (I should call them sisters). We worked together for 2 months towards a goal that does not matter at all to us now ( CTC 2002) but the process has built such strong bond among us. We sweat, eat, sleep and laugh together in that two months. There were ups and downs but those are the moments that make us know each other better. The laughter and tears that we shared did not seem significant to me in the last 8 years and I seldom recall those moments. But sitting together with them after 8 years, looking back at the old times, I realized that it was one of the best periods of my high school life.:)

and it's great that we remind each other of the silly moments and crazy stuffs we did when we were severely deprived of sleep, fought over food, walked the distance to get food, danced like fools except YT, learnt 24 season drum just to impress the judges but ended up not getting through the auditions, painted so many banners ..

The 2 months cannot be squeezed and summarized in one single post. There were many forgotten moments too.. I am thankful that I was given the chance to work with these adorable juniors (in the history of PCGHS Ranger Unit/Girl Guide Company, Guides are always sent out in teams from the same Form).

Maybe I'll dream about those days tonight:)

Jo came later at 1230am. She is LEAVING FOR MALDIVES AGAIN!! this time on contract for 2 years!!! It's real great news for her but it means that I won't be seeing her for 2 years:( I'll miss you. Try to miss me at times okay?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home