Friday, October 08, 2010

As tiring as it had been

It had been an exciting week.


Assisted in two C-sections on Thursday.
Not my first time but the doctor was so kind to perform it at a slower rate so I can see everything clearly.
The first C-section:
We knew it was a macrosomic baby (mother had Type II DM and there was also presence of polyhydramnios) with estimated fetal weight of 4.3 kg on ultrasound scan but when we pulled the baby out, it was a boy weighing 4.96kg! 
-_____-''' I remembered that I was so amazed by a mother who managed to deliver a 4kg baby vaginally 2 years ago.

The second C-section was a breech with polyhydramnios and again I had to stabilize the fetus. My hands ached so much after that.

And I probably did more VE in the last one week more than I had in the 8 weeks rotation in 3rd year.

I think I don't dislike ObGyn that much anymore.:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home